Axonic is the next iteration of our LineSmarts software. Axonic is a cloud-based system that is available on Andoid, iOS and Windows PC. Axonic has in the first instance been developed as a data collection tool. We did this so its features will be fundamentally compatible with an efficient data collection and decision-making workflow. LineSmarts features will be progressively integrated into Axonic over time. Currently Axonic features include:
- conductor diameter measurement for the purpose of conductor identification
- span length measurement
- pole equipment height measurement
- collection, processing and quality assurance of asset failure data
- collection, processing and quality assurance of asset defect data.
- collection and processing of pole condition assessments. This form is designed to be compatible with the recently published NZ EEA Wood pole condition assessment guide.
The Axonic system is built from the ground up to meet the specific needs of the electricity distribution industry. As such it is differs in many respects from other conventional data collection systems:
- forms are prebuild to be compatible with NZ electricity industry requirements and conventions, so client utilities don’t have to go to the time and trouble of building and managing the forms in-house
- the forms are designed to be lean and fit-for-user
- data is structured to facilitate simple and comprehensive asset management analysis for the purpose of supporting informed decision-making
- the system natively includes built-in quality assurance processes
- the system includes built-in feedback mechanisms to ensure that those collecting the data promptly receive positive and corrective feedback.
- its consistent data structure creates the potential for benchmarking and meta-analysis of data across utilities
The following video provides instruction on the use of Axonic’s conductor diameter measurement feature:
The following video provides instruction on the use of Axonic’s span length and heading, and equipment height, measurement feature: