Axonic is the next iteration of our LineSmarts software. Axonic is a cloud-based system that is available on Andoid, iOS and Windows PC. Axonic has in the first instance been developed as a data collection tool. We did this so its features will be fundamentally compatible with an efficient data collection and decision-making workflow. LineSmarts features will be progressively integrated into Axonic over time. Currently Axonic features include:
- conductor diameter measurement for the purpose of conductor identification
- span length and orientation measurement
- pole equipment height measurement
- conductor tension measurement
- collection, processing and quality assurance of asset failure data
- collection, processing and quality assurance of asset defect data.
- collection and processing of pole condition assessments. This form is designed to be compatible with the recently published NZ EEA Wood pole condition assessment guide.
- Joint Use data collection processes based on OJUA (Oregon Joint Use Association) guide
The Axonic system is built from the ground up to meet the specific needs of the electricity distribution industry. As such it is differs in many respects from other conventional data collection systems:
- forms are prebuild to be compatible with NZ electricity industry requirements and conventions, so client utilities don’t have to go to the time and trouble of building and managing the forms in-house
- the forms are designed to be lean and fit-for-user
- data is structured to facilitate simple and comprehensive asset management analysis for the purpose of supporting informed decision-making
- the system natively includes built-in quality assurance processes
- the system includes built-in feedback mechanisms to ensure that those collecting the data promptly receive positive and corrective feedback.
- its consistent data structure creates the potential for benchmarking and meta-analysis of data across utilities
Axonic mobile can be downloaded and trialed for free from the Google play and Apple’s App Store on your mobile device. The Axonic PC version of the app can be obtained to trial by contacting us at email@example.com